High in fiber and full of nutrients, oatmeal is a great way to start off your morning. But how do you avoid getting bored of this simple food? Here are 5 ways to spice your morning oatmeal.
1. Add a variety of berries to your oatmeal. Not only will you naturally sweeten your oats but you will also get the added benefit of extra antioxidants.
2. Add bananas and cinnamon to your oatmeal (Bonus: chocolate covered pineapple). You can’t go wrong with the old cinnamon and banana combo!
3. Add berries with nuts and/or nut butter. Get your healthy fats in with your oatmeal. Pictured below is blueberries, pecans and almond butter mixed with my oatmeal. Let me tell you, it tasted like a little slice of heaven.
4. Add white chocolate chips and peanut butter. Want a combination that will blow your mind? This milky white chocolate chips with creamy peanut butter will make your taste buds delight.
5. Add dark chocolate chips and dried fruit. If white chocolate doesn’t suit your taste buds, give chocolate a try! Plus, non-dairy dark chocolate is full of antioxidants.