Now you can have you favorite banana bread, without all the guild. This healthy version is better for you because:
1) It doesn’t use any butter (used coconut oil instead)
2) No added sugar as it get its sweetness from the dates & bananas
3) It uses whole wheat flour instead of white flour (or you can use almond or coconut flour to make it Paleo)
4) Added flaxseeds for extra omega-3s & fiber.
3 very ripe bananas
8-9 Medjool dates (Pit them)
5 Tbsp warm water
2 cups whole wheat flour
1/4 cup coconut oil
3 tbsp flaxseed
1 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp sea salt
Unsweetened coconut flakes for sprinkling
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees fahrenheit.
2. Blend pitted dates & warm water to a paste. Add banana & vanilla extract.
3. In a bowl, pour the banana mix and stir in the eggs & coconut oil. In another bowl, mix all dry ingredients.
4. Slowly add dry ingredients while stirring often.
5. Pour in bread pan and bake for 45-50 min or until tooth pic comes out dry. Top wit coconut flakes or Greek yogurt.
Seriously doesn’t it look amazing?