From pumpkin spice lattés to pumpkin pie to pumpkin flavored chili, anything is in season during fall if it just has a little pumpkin flare. For a more simple recipe, pumpkin seeds are a great healthy, filling snack and a perfect way to repurpose the inside of your pumpkin when you’re carving out your artistic master piece. Below are 6 easy steps for cooking perfectly toasted pumpkin seeds.
1. Carve out a circle on the top of your pumpkin.
2. Pull of the top off the pumpkin.
3. Empty the seeds into a bowl while avoiding the stringy innards.
4. Place in a tray and lightly drench with oil and salt.
5. Preheat oven to 300 degree Fahrenheit.
6. Bake seeds for 30-45 minutes or until lightly brown.