Superbowl Sunday is the number 2 food consumption event of the year, second to thanksgiving. If you’re not careful what you eat, you can pack on the calories very easily. Although it’s not always a bad thing to indulge a little, you may not realize how much you are really consuming.
Here are some interesting facts about how much Americans consumed this Sunday:
- On average, Americans consumer 1,200 calories which snacking
- Americans consumed an average of 700 calories
- 100 million calories of Chicken Wings were consumed
- 111 million gallons of beer were consumed
- 4.4 million pizzas were consumed
This little devil of mini cupcakes caught my attention (97 calories per serving – not the worst).
So how do you burn off these extra calories? By hitting the gym just a little harder this Monday. Huffington Post gives us a lay down of what you’ll have to do to burn those extra 1,200 calories.
- 2 hours of running at a 10-min per mile pace (6 mile run) will burn 1,200 calories
- 3 1/2 hours of downhill skiing will burn 1,200 calories
- Sweating it out on the elliptical for 2 hours will burn 1,200 calories
- 3 hour hike will burn off 1,200 calories