Easy, delicious and perfect to freeze, this turkey chili recipe makes a great lunch or dinner item. Whip up a batch for your next meal prep or make some for a sick friend. They will thank you later!
3 tsp. olive oil
1 large white onion, chopped
1 large red onion, chopped
1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
1 medium orange bell pepper, chopped
1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
1 bag white or brown mushrooms
2 jalapeños, chopped (optional – I can’t handle the heat 😉 )
1 lb. raw 93% lean ground turkey
2 cans chopped tomatoes, no-sodium added
½ can tomato sauce
1 can white kidney beans, rinsed, drained
1 can red beans, rinsed, drained
1 tbsp cayenne pepper
everything spicy @flavorgod seasoning, to taste
1 tsp. Himalayan sea salt
Ground cumin (to taste; optional)
1 Garlic clove, chopped
Basil leaves, to taste, chopped
Cilantro, to taste, chopped
1. Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
2. Add all veggies & garlic stir frequently, for 4 to 5 minutes, or until onion is soft.
3. Add turkey; cook for 4 to 5 minutes, or until turkey is browned.
4. Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, beans, everything spicy @flavorgod seasoning, Himalayan sea salt and cumin; cook, stirring frequently, for 10 to 15 minutes.
5. Divide chili into 4-6 serving bowls and garnish with cilantro if desired.