Ground turkey is one of my favorite meats to meal prep. This Mexican inspired recipe is perfect to eat over a salad or in a tortilla. It’s super simple and great to freeze if needed!
- 4-5 tsp. olive oil
- 3 green onions
- 1 cup white onion
- 1 green bell pepper
- 2 clovers chopped garlic
- 1 cup organic frozen corn
- 1/2 cup black beans (drained)
- 1.5 pounds 93% lean ground turkey
- 1 can diced tomatoes, no sugar or salt added
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- spicy everything flavorgod to taste
- pepper to taste
- cilantro for toppings
- Add olive oil, onions, green onions, green bell peppers, and garlic to a medium pan.
- Cook for a few minutes. Then add turkey and corn.
- Cook until turkey goes from pink to brown. Add cumin, pepper & spicy everything flavorgod.
- Add black beans (drained) and tomatoes (with liquid). Bring to boil then reduce heat.
- Remove from stove & top with cilantro.
Makes about 6 servings. Fix container per serving: 1 red, 1/2 yellow, 1/2 green 1 tsp. per serving.
If you’re feeling like going all out, you can copy my boyfriend & make an epic taco salad. He topped it with bean & corn salsa, hot sauce and avocado.