This turkey marinara recipe is a meal prepper’s dream come true! Packed with protein & veggies, this recipe is simple, easy to pack and great to freeze for later. It’s also a crowd pleaser.
– 1.5 cups diced white onion
– 1.25 cups sliced white mushrooms
– 1 can diced tomatoes
– 1 cup organic marinara sauce
– 4 tsp. olive oil
– 1.25 lb. ground turkey
– 3-5 basil leaves, chopped
– rosemary, to taste
– garlic, to taste
– garlic lovers flavorgod seasoning (optional)
Yield: 5 servings Calories: 272 Fat: 13.4g Carbs: 13g Protein: 24g
1. Combine olive oil, onions, basil, rosemary & mushrooms in a medium skillet.
2. Cook until onions are translucent.
3. Add ground turkey. Cook until ground turkey goes from to pink to brown.
4. Drain excess water then add canned tomatoes, marinara & flavorgod seasoning.
5. Bring to simmer and then let cool. Enjoy!
If you’re making it for the week, below are some ideas of sides to go with it!
I love serving it over zoodles.
Also, tastes delicious on spaghetti squash.
Or you can just eat the turkey marinara by itself with a side of sweet potatoes.